This is a great day for most of the women I know.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Wine:
- It takes around 2 1/2 pounds of grapes to make one bottle of wine.
- Before corks were broadly used in wine bottles, wooden stoppers wrapped in oil-soaked rags were common. These would need to be changed at least once a year.
- Even though corks were commonly used since the 1600’s it wasn’t until 1795 that the corkscrew was patented. Before then the corks would have caps, similar to champagne corks.
- An average bottle of wine is about 25 fluid ounces( officially 750 milliliters)
- Most ancients urns found in greece, egypt, and the Mediterranean are ‘casks’ that held wine. The sealed elongated box that holds them are called ‘caskets’
“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” ~ Winston Churchill
“Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!“~Dom Perignon upon drinking Champagne the 1st…
View original post 140 more words