This is the fantastic recipe to go along with my Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce. I was a little long-winded with that post so I will keep this one more focused on the food, instead of my rants. Check it out, it’s a good read and you will learn how to make an awesome sauce. This would be a great dish to make next weekend for Father Day..
I am very lucky this week to be co-hosting Fiesta Friday #72 with Naina @ Spice in the City. She has a great blog with an international flavor. I’ll be bringing this to Fiesta Friday number 72; Fiesta Friday is an ongoing blogging party put on by Angie of The Novice Gardener. Stop by today and bring your virtual dish.
If you’re a blogger and you haven’t yet joined in the Fiesta Friday fun, what are you waiting for? It’s a good way to share recipes with a great group of bloggers and show off your great creations. It’s easy and here’s The Guidelines – just make sure to link properly on your blog and Fiesta Friday’s so we can find you. And if you’re not a blogger, I know you’ll enjoy seeing all the posts and maybe you could be featured. Happy FF!!
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 packages chicken tenders (about 3 pounds)
- (12-16 oz) bacon, slices in cut half
- In a bowl, blend together chile powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place seasoning blend into 1 gallon zip-lock bag.
- Add chicken tenderloin’s and shake well to coat.
- Let chicken marinate in bag for at least 2 hour or overnight. (I let mine marinate overnight.)
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Clean and oil the grill grate with to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Wrap each chicken tender with bacon.
- Carefully skewer chicken and bacon “shish kabob” style. (make sure bacon is also skewered)
- Grill chicken, turning frequently, basting often with Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Do not over cook.
Serve with fresh cherries and Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce
Enjoy and Happy Fathers Day!