Do you need a recipe the kids can make dad for Father’s Day? This is an easy homemade blueberry muffin recipe that uses mascarpone cheese for extra creaminess. I also had mascarpone in the fridge and needed to use it; so why not make muffins. If you do not have mascarpone, you can also use cream cheese. (See below)
Dad will love these muffins for his Fathers Day breakfast and kids will love the chance to show off their cooking skills.
I will being bringing this recipe to Fiesta Friday hosted by Angie @ The Novice Gardner and your co-hosts, Michelle @Giraffes Can Bake and Juju @ cookingwithauntjuju. Come join the fun and meet new bloggers.
Total Time: 30-35 min Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 9-13 min
Servings: 36 mini muffins / 12 regular muffins
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 6 tbsp mascarpone cheese, softened (Can substitute Philadelphia cream cheese. Here is a guide form Ifood.tv)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- t tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Rodelle vanilla
- 2 cups King Arthur All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line a 36 cup mini muffin pan with paper liners. If making regular size muffins, line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Lightly spray the liners and the top of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add butter and mascarpone cheese to mixing bowl. Beat on high until combined. Scrape sides and add lemon zest and salt.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add the sugar in slowly, and beat well. Scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, sour cream and vanilla. Add slowly to mixing bowl. Beat until combined
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour to mixing bowl, (reserving about 1/4 cup). Mix on slow to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Toss blueberries with reserved 1/4 cup flour mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries into muffin batter.
- Fill each baking cup to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 9 -13 minutes until muffins turn brown and a tooth pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. (If making regular size muffins bake for 15-20 minutes)
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan before turning out muffins on a cooling rack.
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.