Last week we had rain almost everyday. This makes it hard to plan dinners, because we do not know if practice’s will be canceled until the last-minute. Always fun! We made up for it this weekend with over 20 hours spent at the fields watching the kids play.
My kids love Alfredo sauce, but it is so so fattening. I created this recipe last week using convenient items which I mostly had in my pantry. I just picked up the Bertolli Reduced Fat Alfredo sauce and a chicken from the store. This dish is much lower in fat and is a one skillet dish, that is quick and easy, your kids will love. The artichokes and mushrooms are optional, but adds great flavor to the recipe.
This recipe also takes advantage of using store bought rotisserie chicken to make it an even easier weeknight meal.
30 minutes or less.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, 2-3 cups de-boned, skin removed and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (Optional)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced, approximate 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts. chopped (Optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 jar reduced fat Bertolli Reduced Fat Garlic Alfredo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in large pan or pot, over med high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes until translucent.
3. Add garlic, artichoke hearts and cook for 1 minute. Lightly salt veggies. Add broth and bring to boil.
4. Stir in chicken, peas and Alfredo sauce.
5. Lower heat to simmer and cook until heated through.
6. Add about 5 cups cooked pasta to pan. Stir to combine. Add pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
Quick, easy and cheap.